Have you ever had a hard time in choosing what food to eat given the variety of choices? Are you struggling whether to resign in your current job or not? Are you planning for a vacation yet doesn't know where to go? Or you're just in a point in your life right now that you have to decide?
One of God's precious gift to us is freedom. He allowed us to make our own choices. This is blessing from God. Yet, we sometimes neglect God in our choices. Hence, decision making became harder for us. Remember, without Him we are prone to make wrong decisions.
Several months ago, I was where you are right now. Torn between choices, confused, lost and pressured. I really don't know what to do. It was a struggle because I have to choose between the "guaranteed" and the "not guaranteed". As we all know, guaranteed means low risk yet low return while not uaranteed means high risk but high return. There will always be a trade-off. But then, you have to decide. Here are the things I did to arrive at my decision:
1. Pray. It is always right to ask the Lord for wisdom in choosing which way to go. Being in the center of God's will is the best place you can be.
2. Seek right counsel. As it is written in Proverbs 15:22, " without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed." But take note of the word "right". Look for people who have gone through your situation or at least have gained wisdom in the areas you are struggling with.
3. Know your goal. My friend once told me, you should first know your goal then do something to achieve it. Example, if your goal is to be an excellent basketball player, you will start buying your ball, go to the court, learn the game then play.
4. Know your strengths. Assess yourself and start asking where am I good at. You should know which area you are at your best, meaning you are both fulfilled and fruitful. Start maximizing your strengths.
5. Be brave. There will always be fear in making decision. The "what ifs" will surely pop out of your mind. But be assured, that if you seek earnestly God's guidance nothing can go wrong. Remember this, it is God who gave you the people with whom you seek counsel from. Further, it is God who gave you the "dream, your goal. And, it is also God who gave you the talent and strengths. No one knows you better than He does. It is written in John 16:33, " I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
After going through all of these, I decided to choose the "not guaranteed". Why? because God says so and because fulfillment is worth all the risk.
But wait, there's one more thing I did. I commit myself into it. Once you've made a decision, there's no turning back. No matter what the cost is, you have to stick with it. This is what commitment means. As it is written in James 1:5-8, " If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubt is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man unstable in all his ways."
I hope this will help you dealing with your situation as it had helped me. If you need counsel or help contact your financePH advisor. You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you ever ask God what does he mean by having a child like faith? I did. I tried to search for answers and tried to ask adults about their view about this. Though I was able to get answers it seemed that it isn't enough. But, just recently, I had a clear view of what a child like faith really is. Who will agree with me that the best way to know is to actually see it from a child?
It has been months since I started volunteering as a Kids Church teacher. It was actually through this that I was able to clearly see what God meant to have a child like faith. I noticed that...
Kids will just boldly ask what they want. They are very expectant to receive it. It seems that they are 100% sure that whatever they ask will be given to them.
Kids will continue running and playing around even if they stumble. They will even laugh at what happened then stand again as if nothing happened. Why? Because their desire to play is greater than the pain they felt.
Lastly, kids believe what their ate, mama, papa or teacher said. They acknowledge authority.
To have a child like faith mean, asking God with an expectant heart that it will be given (provided it is according to God's will), standing firm and being focused with the goal no matter what happened along the way and lastly believing in God the One who holds the final and ultimate authority.
Are you believing for something today? Promotion, relationship or provision? Boldly approach God's throne and have a child like faith!
It's the talk of the town in our workplace. Several Bible verses are said to have been removed by Harper Collins who publishes the Satanic Bible and The Joy of Gay Sex.
In a recent Facebook post by Marlene Mcclurkin-Mason she wrote about how several Bible verses have been removed. I didn't believe it at first but when I checked it, I was shocked beyond imagination why I could find them anymore.
For most businessmen like me, the Bible has been my constant source of inspiration when I feel down and drained. That is why something such as this makes me really sad.
Read her post below:
"I'm sure you know that NIV was published by Zondervan but is now OWNED by Harper Collins, who also publishes the Satanic Bible and The Joy of Gay Sex.
The NIV has now removed 64,575 words from the Bible including Jehovah, Calvary, Holy Ghost and omnipotent to name but a few...
The NIV and ESV and other versions have also now removed 45 complete verses. Most of us have the Bible on our devices and phones.
Try and find these scriptures in NIV or ESV on your computer, phone or device right now if you are in doubt:
Matthew 17:21, 18:11, 23:14; Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46; Luke 17:36, 23:17; John 5:4; Acts 8:37
...you will not believe your eyes.
Let's not forget what the Lord Jesus said in John 10:10 (King James Version)
If you must use the NIV or ESV
BUY and KEEP AN EARLIER VERSION OF the BIBLE. A Hard Copy cannot be updated. All these changes occur when they ask you to update the app. On your phone or laptop etc. Buy and KEEP EARLIER VERSIONS AND STORE THEM.
There is a crusade geared towards altering the Bible as we know it; NIV and many more versions are affected."
As of this writing this post has been shared almost 25,000 times.
What can you say about this?
About Faith @ Work -Devotional for business minded people.
Read Our Previous Faith @ Work Blogs