Have you ever been so committed in doing something, yet you fail to comply? Like, you really wanted to lose some weight, but it was really hard for you to do? Or, like me you are not allowed to eat some foods because you have an allergy, but there are times that you just can't resist? Or in finances, you really want to save but every time you pass by the mall there seems to be a force that compels you to buy that shoes or that bag? In all of these circumstances, will power doesn't seem enough. Any remedy? It's accountability.
Just think about this, wouldn't it be easier to lose weight, if there is someone who is watching over your diet? Wouldn't it also be easier for you to resist the temptation of eating foods that you are allergic with, if there's someone who monitors the food that you eat? The same way goes for finances. Wouldn't it be easier for you to save if there is someone who looks at your expenses? You might be thinking, so maybe I need a guard. I would say, no! Not a guard but an accountability partner.
Let us first define what accountability means. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, it is an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions. With this, let us talk about how
accountability works in finance. The following are the steps that you can take:
1. Acceptance. First thing you have to establish is to accept that you are in need. No one gets treatment
without acknowledging that there is something wrong.
2. Openness. Once you have accepted that you are in need, you have to be open to the idea of having an
accountable partner. Trust me, without such it is very difficult to manage your finances.
3. Power of "why". Establish the reason why you want your finances to be in the right place. Without these, it will be easy to be swayed from left to right.
4. Find a partner. How will you know if he is the right one? If he is trustworthy and honest, then I believe he
fits to be your accountable partner. But, there are two more things you have to consider. First, is that he
should be knowledgeable in terms of finances. Second, you know that he lives by example.
5. Openness. Be open to your partner. Tell him everything that concerns your finances. This will include your goals, your apprehensions, your spending habits and most importantly your compelling 'why' as discussed in step no. 3. This is the reason why your accountable partner should be trustworthy. Oftentimes, working with your accountable partner would demand that you disclose confidential information. So you have to make sure that the person you are talking to is worthy of your trust. Trust can be established through his reputation, his character and beliefs and his dedication to help you.
6. Acceptance. Lastly, accountability in finance is of no use if you will not accept and implement the advice of your partner. The best advice is the advice put in practice. Trusting that person would mean that you are
willing to accept his opinions and suggestions.
These steps are just guides on how to manage your finances. Its success is dependent on your implementation. Best result is achieved through proper and consistent implementation. If you need help or if you have questions you may call us at 0905-FINANCE (0905-3462623).
Having a travel insurance when you travel especially abroad is very important. The costs of inpatient confinement and even outpatient consultations are very huge.
There was a time I went to Dubai for a vacation, when I arrived I suddenly got some terrible rashes. At that time there was some sort of virus around the globe. I think it was MERS. My friends who traveled with me were so scared, they avoided me. And that was the time I knew who my real friends were. Just kidding. 😆
Anyway, to stop the scare and speculation among my friends I finally decided to have some outpatient check up. I tried to find a Filipino clinic, thinking that the Filipinos there would be friendly and would offer an affordable price.
Unfortnately the opposite was true, the Filipinos who treated me were milking money from me saying that it may be a case of a virus. They said I do several tests which I think were unnecessary. In total I spent close to P20,000. They even scheduled me for another follow up consultation and for the test results.
But the night after the consultation, my rashes slowly disappeared. And the scare that the Filipino doctors and nurses were telling me were not at all true. It was just a case of some allergy I did not know I had.
From that day on, I promised to get a travel insurance everytime I travel. What is a few hundred pesos versus the cost of hospitalization abroad? Further, since I am a financial advisor and insurance agent, I belive it is my duty to walk the talk. I should also be travel insured.
So, I searched the net for the most affordable and good service travel insurance company. In my opinion the best travel insurance is the one below:
If you need assistance in getting a travel insurance or need more information. Feel free to contact me or any of my financial advisors. We will be glad to help you. You may contact us through our talk to a financial advisor hotline at 0905-FINANCE or 0905-3462623 or visit www.insuranceph.com.
Here's a picture of me and some my good friends after the rashes went off. This was taken at Atlantis, Palm Islands in Dubai.
Have you ever wanted to create a tutorial video where you can record your PC screen and voice over? Then this app is a must have for you. The name of the App is LOOM. You can download this app by clicking here.
So how do I use this in my business? I personally use it to create video tutorials for my employees. I also use it to communicate with some of my outsourced employees.
Try it now. Download the app for windows and mac for free here.
FinancePH is an advocacy group founded in 2014 by a group of financial advisors.
“We are the best, largest, most influential and most preferred financial advisors of the Filipino people.“
Contact us if you have questions regarding tax, business law, stocks, investment, insurance, estate planning or money related.
Visit our FB page to view our upcoming seminars that you can attend.
Or book a free financial coaching with one of our financial advisors here.
View the Financial Advisory team of FinancePH here.
Read Our Previous Blogs: